Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Indoor Bliss

Winter in Chicago can drive anyone crazy. Between Snowmaggedon and recent wind chills in the negatives, I am now impatiently waiting for spring to arrive. I'm hoping because the groundhog did not see his shadow this year, we will be blessed with balmy 40 and 50 degree days during the beginning of March instead of mid May. In the meantime, happiness must be found from sources beyond the weather. The photos below display my adventures indoors, finding bliss when the weather bites!

Lincoln Square Lanes is now the oldest bowling alley in Chicago, due to the closing of other small operations. Charming is the word I would use to describe this gem. Old arcade games, reasonably priced drinks, and the "keep your own score" cards will definitely bring me back. Shout out to Shelia, a friendly bartender who works Tuesday and Thursday nights. Thank you for contributing to our enjoyable evening!

Food @ Small Bar + BFF = Love
My best friend Hayley visited for a few days. We landed at Small Bar in Ukrainian Village one evening. Hayley ordered the BLT with sweet potato fries. I indulged in Calamari. The calamari was so delicious, I may rethink my decision to take fish and sea food out of my diet again...


Super Bowl XLV.
Super Bowl Sunday might as well be declared a national holiday. Despite enduring the Black Eyed Peas' less than thrilling half time performance, Green Bay renewed my spirit with their triumph. As a native Clevelander it's always nice to see the Steelers lose.


Pinball at Skylark.
Its been over a decade since I've laid my hands on a pinball machine, and my skills reflected this fact. Yet, playing a few rounds was quite pleasurable while taking in the striking images of Wesley Snipes and Sylvester Stallone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...