Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Travelin' Tuesdays - Three

June 2011, Vienna, Austria
Photo Credit: Hayley Leventhal

As I listened to my best friend Hayley discuss her Europe trip over dinner a few weeks ago, there was one story she told that I found particularly important. The story was of her second night in Vienna. During that evening she saw a string quartet performance in Vienna's oldest concert hall, where Mozart himself performed and lived in an apartment across the courtyard. The hall is small and seats about 50 people, providing a very intimate environment. The program she attended included works by Mozart, Bach, Hayden and Dvorak.

I loved listening to Hayley describe that evening. Hayley is a talented classically trained pianist, having an earnest passion and understanding of music and music history. Therefore, I found her memory of this evening particularly endearing, as she became more closely connected with one of the most important creative outlets she has in her life; music.

Where have you traveled that has provided you a deeper connection with parts of your life your extremely passionate about? Leave comments below!!

Continue to join Underlined and Bold every Tuesday for inspirational travel content. Tuesday will be set aside each week to inspire us all to get out of our comfort zones, plan our next adventure and be open to whatever we find along the way. If you would like to see how "Travelin' Tuesdays" got its start on Underlined and Bold click here.

2 comments:

  1. I love to run. And I especially love to run when I travel. Going for a good long run in a new place, helps me escape the tourist centers and get out among where the locals live. While running abroad, I've discovered a small Bavarian forest and a Vietnamese shanty town, among other things. And while traveling to places that I've lived in the past, I've used my runs to revisit spots that I might not have gotten around to otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris I am grateful for your response. I cannot recall ever going for a run on any trip (outside of visiting my parents in Ohio). I am definitely going to add it to my list of things to do on my future trips. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...