Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Night my Belly was Really Happy!

Kitchen Prayer
May this kitchen be so filled with peace
that all who eat food prepared here receive peace.
May this kitchen be so filled with happiness
that all who eat food prepared here receive happiness.
May this kitchen be so filled with good will
that working here is a joy.
Bless this kitchen.
Bless all who work here.
Bless the food that is prepared here.
May this kitchen and the work done here be a blessing to all
who live.
Written by: Jared Robins
from May All Be Fed : A Diet for a New World

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This past weekend there was a small feast in my apartment. After a long day at work, to my delight I found my roommates Rupal and Jun busy cutting veggies and stirring sauces. My mouth watered as I smelled the aroma of savory spices filling the room. Rupal's close friend Rashmi also joined in on the cooking adventures, helping to produce a wonderful three course meal.

COURSE I.
A colorful display of veggies sauteed with a secret sauce, a recipe created by Rashmi's mother, was poured over fried tilapia and white rice for course number one. The mild taste of the rice and tilapia was the perfect match for the spicy sauce.
COURSE II.
A cheesy layered Eggplant Parmesan casserole graced the table for course number two. The layers included a light savory red sauce, green peppers, mushrooms, mozzarela cheese and fried eggplant. 

COURSE III.
My belly ached as we reached course number three. Despite my belly's rumbles, indicating that I should stop stuffing my face, I reached for dessert. Dessert wasn't simple, as we had an array of choices sitting upon our counter top. Choices included mango smoothies, chocolate cake paired with vanilla ice cream, and homemade tiramisu (pictured below). I treated myself to all three!

Although I did not contribute to the evening's cooking efforts, I honored our three wonderful chefs by heading up the clean up crew. Cleaning was a small price to pay for such a beautiful night of delicious indulgence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...