Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Scrapbook: Chicago Marathon 2011

Elite Runners
I almost peed myself with excitement as I watched world class runners pass me at mile 20!





Then More Runners Appeared!
And we cheered and clapped and said "wait to go"!





And Soon The Streets Were Filled.
Runners everywhere! LOVE IT!




Pumpkin Muffins!
We cheered on the crowd for hours. Luckily my friend Dana brought out pumpkin muffins to sustain our efforts!



Hooray for friends!
I knew several individuals who participated in the marathon. Unfortunately, I didn't see every single person who ran. And I most definitely wasn't able to get a photo of everyone. Below are two amazing gentleman (John and Andre) I was able to photograph!


















...A Beautiful afternoon.
Chris and I snapped a single photo before we departed for the afternoon. I couldn't have asked for a better day! I am truly inspired by the efforts of every runner out there today. Congratulations!


2 comments:

  1. I ran the NYC Marathon a few years back and miss it immensely. One day I'll have the health insurance i need to rehab my poor legs back to running readiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolynn-

    congrats on the NYC Marathon! Marathon training is def. tough on the legs.

    And maybe hopefully in the near future, we all can have access to health care.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...